Sharing information about the Otter Creek Watershed project in Sauk County.
- Decrease extent and duration of summer flooding.
- Decrease sediment deposited by storms.
- Improve water quality during “base flow” (non-flood conditions).
- Reduce channelization (and subsequent erosion) of cropland outside the normal stream channel
- Slow flow of water coming off Baraboo Hills quartzite slopes.
- Maintain or improve stream & streambank wildlife habitat.
- Optimize fish habitat to extent possible.
- Ensure cooperation and consistency of practices between and among individual projects.
- Consider aesthetics in the implementation.
Download Complete Project Analysis
Objectives and Project Scenarios for Analysis (27 KB)
January 12th, 2006 Meeting Minutes (36 KB)
February 6th, 2006 Meeting Minutes (36 KB)
April 5th, 2006 Meeting Minutes (36 KB)
April 5th, 2006 Steering Committee Minutes (36 KB)
June 8th, 2006 Summary of Stream Tour (52 KB)
June 8th, 2006 Entire Stream Tour Notes (52 KB)
August 3, 2006 Technical Committee Meeting Notes (36 KB)
August 23, 2006 Steering Committee Meeting Notes (36 KB)
September 25th, 2006 Meeting Notes (36 KB)
Meeting Presentations and other Information
8/13/06 Presentation by Mike Sorge, DNR, on the Otter Creek Fishery
Otter Creek Watershed Monitoring-Summer 2006 (pdf 1.20 MB)
5/24/06 Presentation by Mike Dreischmeier on NRCS Watershed Planning and Otter Creek Watershed Flooding
Otter Creek Watershed Meeting (pdf 1.78 MB)
Meeting Announcements and Agendas
U.S. Geological Survey Peak Flood Flows Data:
Otter Creek at Kings Corner Rd. (External Link to U.S. Geological Survey)
Otter Creek Maps: