19 miles; 8 hour trip.
- Paddle through a floodplain wetland and sandstone rock outcrops. Small rapids are located just below Wonewoc and in LaValle under the Highway 58 Bridge. Fallen trees in this area may require you to carry your boat around them up steep, muddy slippery banks.
- Trip can be shortened by stopping or starting in Wonewoc.
River Access & Parking:
- Union Center: Park at the 400 trail parking lot or Spring Valley Golf Course.
- Wonewoc: Landing is located at County Rd FF within the village. Restrooms, grills and tables are available.
- East of Wonewoc: On Highway 33 at Strawbridge Road. Park at 400 Bike Trail parking lot.
- LaValle: Landing is at the west end of Main Street. Restrooms across street at trailhead of the 400 Bike Trail.
- 3rd Castle, a 300 foot rock outcrop located just outside of Wonewoc.
- Opportunities for combination canoe/bicycle trips.