The executive sponsors are collectively responsible for leading the project and owning the end products and recommendations.
- Aaron Brower, provost, UW-Extension
- Karl Martin, Cooperative Extension Dean & Director
- Steve Wildeck, vice chancellor for administration and finance, UW-Extension and UW Colleges
The executive sponsors identified a project management team to suggest organizational structures and processes for the project, and to manage the project through these processes and structures once they are approved by the executive sponsors.
- Project lead: David Berard, associate program director for Community, Natural Resource, and Economic Development, Cooperative Extension
- Project manager: Jay Rowan, Huron Consulting Group
Chancellor Sandeen announced members of the project steering committee on January 26, 2016. This group will be primarily responsible for recommending organizational changes to the executive sponsors and overseeing the products of planning work groups.
- Matt Hanson, Southwest regional director
- Amber Canto, FoodWIse state coordinator
- Amanda Gevens, associate professor and vegetable crops plant pathology extension specialist, UW-Madison
- Jon Hochkammer, outreach manager, Wisconsin Counties Association
- Jeff Hoffman, Dodge County community development educator/department head and UW-Extension University Committee member
- Bill Klase, natural resources educator and UW-Extension Committee on Academic Staff Issues member
- Kevin Masarik, senior outreach specialist/groundwater education extension specialist, Center for Watershed Science and Education, UW-Stevens Point
- Rick Mills, program development and evaluation information systems resource technician and UW-Extension University Staff Council member
- Kandi O’Neil, associate state 4-H program director/volunteer specialist
- Ruth Schriefer, Iowa County family living agent and Department of Family Development chair
- Ex Officio members
- Sharon Klawitter, human resource development director
- Daniel Malacara, assistant dean for budget and finance
The project communication leads will support nEXT Generation project communications. The co-leads will send communications to colleagues regularly throughout the project, and make sure communications are consistent and coordinated.
- Heidi Zoerb, Interim Associate Dean and Associate Director, Cooperative Extension
- Molly Vidal, Chief of Staff, UW-Extension and UW Colleges