- Log in to request books using Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services. Be sure to set-up your account for Distance User access. If you do not know your 11-digit ID number, please contact Karen Dunn.
- Add your office mailing address to the NOTES field of the request form (2 lines only)
- Books, conference proceedings, (etc.) will be mailed with return postage and due date to the address supplied in the Notes field.
- Due dates can vary by lending library.
- No charge for book loans.
- Identify books on a topic by using the campus catalog, WorldCat, or Google Books.
E-Book Collections: While e-book editions can be found for many texts within the library catalog, or, as a format limit as applied to a search within the catalog, e-book collections can also be browsed (or searched) as a resource type as selected from the Libraries’ database menu. Please note that not every title identified within these specific collections will be available; very specific titles are selected and licensed for access. Please select the “i” icon to learn more about any particular resource.
Special Note: DANE COUNTY OFFICE personnel should use the campus catalog’s“Place Request” button to have books delivered to a convenient campus library. Present your UW-Madison Photo ID (Wiscard) to check-out these books.
- How to Get your Wiscard.
- Use Interlibrary Loan or WorldCat to request books that are not owned by UW-Madison Libraries be delivered to your favorite campus library.
- Tip: Steenbock Library has convenient parking in the parking ramp (Lot 36) directly behind Steenbock Library on Observatory Drive. This is a gated lot which requires taking a ticket upon entry and paying upon exit (at pay-stations or gate). On weekends there is free parking all day with the exception of football (home game) Saturdays.