COUNTY LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE 2014
“IT’S ALL ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS”
Welcome to the 2014 County Leadership Conference!
County leaders embody Cooperative Extension’s Purpose: We teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin and engaging with them in transforming lives and communities.
The 2014 County Leadership Conference will engage county leaders in creating a top-notch county colleague support model and exploring ways to lead Cooperative Extension into the next 100 years.
- Gain clarity about the purpose of Cooperative Extension’s colleague support systems
- Utilize relationships as a focal point to excel in programming, expand access, build awareness, grow partnerships, support colleagues, and improve and align our workplaces
- Determine next steps for colleague support
- Build skills
- Have fun
- And last, but not least, renew!
- Super Sessions: Emotional Intelligence and Diversity
- Meet the Peer Support Facilitators
- Social networking – in the most old-fashioned sense of the phrase
- Higher-level skill building
- Colleagues sharing leadership in county offices
- One additional colleague from each single-leader county office
- Nutrition Coordinators from large units and up to six coordinators from each region
- Program Area Liaisons / Nutrition Advisors
- Cooperative Extension’s Administrative Leaders
Conference Registration closes on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 – Register now at this link:
The deadline for making your hotel reservations is also Wednesday April 2, 2014.
Reservations can be made by calling the Kalahari Resort at 877-253-5466. Sleeping rooms are held under the UW Cooperative Extension room block. Provide your credit card number to hold your reservation. If your plans change you are responsible for cancelling your reservations to avoid a penalty and/or paying for the room. All incidentals charged to your hotel room must be paid by you at the time of check out.
The full cost of double occupancy guest rooms at the Kalahari Resort will be direct billed to Cooperative Extension. Single rooms for those who prefer them may be available in a limited number, with Cooperative Extension paying half toward the room expense per night ($50). Cooperative Extension will direct bill your room accommodations for the nights of May 5th and 6th. If you need lodging on the evening of May 4th please contact Stormy Cooley at email@example.com for approval prior to making hotel reservations.
Run of House accommodations. Room with either one King bed or two Queen beds based upon the numbers of guests sharing the room.
Cancellation Policy You must cancel your room 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a one night charge on your credit card.
Single Room Approval for Health Reasons
To receive authorization please reserve your room with the hotel, then contact Stormy Cooley at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a single room. Please provide your confirmation number to Stormy. The details of your health reasons are not required, because of limited availability, those requiring a single room for health reasons should make their reservations immediately.
Standard travel expenses may be claimed on a Travel Expense Report. Refer to the Traveler’s Reference Guide at: http://www.foxworldtravel.com/UW/docs/TravelWIseTravelersReferenceGuide.pdf .
Standard travel expenses incurred while traveling to and from the conference are covered by the Dean’s Office and should be submitted on a Travel Expense Report (TER) to Stormy Cooley; please include only County Leadership Conference expenses on this form. Car pooling is encouraged.
We sincerely look forward to our time together!
2014 County Leadership Conference Planning Committee
Follow us on Google+