In the section of the strategic plan for Structuring ourselves for Success, Goal Two states:
Create, align and/or eliminate structures (people, process and orgainizational relationships) so that Cooperative Extension can allocate resources to support areas of high need, cross-district and cross-program area innovation, flexibility, timeliness and results.
Strategy A: Create or adapt organizational systems, structures, and policies that support innovation, flexibility and timely response to diverse and emerging needs.
Within this strategy is a section on technology with several recommendations. They are as follows:
a. To the extent possible, eliminate Instructional Technology (IT) barriers between counties and UWEX-CE. Recommended Actions:
1. Inventory county and campus offices to determine current situations, capacities and limitations in order to determine needs and strategies to ensure that all offices have access to latest IT capabilities.
2. Communicate the value of UWEX-CE technology services to the county.
3. Partner with counties to create a uniform policy about how we negotiate between UWEX-CE and counties; and partner in reviewing policies regarding emerging technologies to ensure that UWEX-CE personnel have access to all necessary technologies.
4. Establish uniform standards for all UWEX-CE offices regarding IT support.
5. Prioritize needs and resource responses in order to dedicate funds to ensure that all UWEX-CE offices have access to latest IT capabilities.
6. Implement a UWEX-CE host server that all UWEX-CE personnel can remote access.
b. Provide development opportunities for using technology to enhance transformational education. Recommended Actions:
1. Maximize UWEX-CE contracts for hardware and software to gain volume savings
2. Continuous technical support and training.
3. Design multifaceted, user friendly strategies for access to UWEX-CE supported software.
4. Design multifaceted, user friendly strategies for development of distance learning opportunities for UWEX-CE clientele.
My intent is to use ths site to communicate with all county based staff, county IT departments, and campus based staff my response to these itmes. I would encourage county based staff to share this site with their county IT departments.
Director of Technology Services